Monday, March 20, 2006

T is for Traviesa

We had classes today, and I was relieved to get out of the house and actually do something. Walking around on crutches is tiring! We are leaving for Lima on Friday and I'm worried about how I am going to slow the group down. I feel stupid. Only 17 more days with the dumb cast! Feel free to count down with me. Another let down today... I realized that we will be in Arequipa when I get the cast off, meaning I will be in a cast for the entire Lima trip, which means no swimming in the coast for me. I can handle hobbling around, being slow and inconvenienced... but no swimming??? swimming is my favorite! Well, what can I do. I thought about cutting my cast off with my swiss army knife, but that clearly isnt a good plan. It especially isnt a good plan since I learned that I did not sprain ligaments, but I tore them. Fabulous. My family here keeps calling me "traviesa" which I had to look up in the dictionary. It is translated as "mischevious" or "naughty", but I like to look at it as sassy. My traviesa ways have caught up with me. I have never valued my foot so much! It is so useful. Anyway... ailments aside I doing alright. Tomorrow I get to see Vanessa! We are meeting up in the Plaza de Armas, and she is coming home to meet my family and have lunch. Tommorrow night we have a night time class at the local hooka bar to listen to some rock music in Quechua. Ooh, before I forget... this is a shout out for Shana's mom! Helloo! I had no idea you read my blog. Shana is a girl on my program, and she mentioned that she talked to her mom who like, poor taylor! even though Shana didn't tell her about my fall. Apparently her mom is a very skillful woman on the computer and found my blog. Hello, how are you! I think that is it for now... I am nervous about travelling for two weeks with a cast on, but I will tackle that when it comes. Kenyon people, update me. What is going on in Gambier. Everyone update me, emails always welcome. Love you all

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Taylor,

I love your blog... it is interesting to get your perspective as well as Shana's (which tends to focus on plumbing or the lack there of). I hope that ankle heals quickly. Hang in there with the crutches!!

2:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home