Friday, March 03, 2006

rain rain rain

Raining again. It rains a lot here, but I'm okay with that. There are also incredibly gorgeous days that make my head explode. It's friday, and today was our last day of Quechua! I'm sad, but others are really happy about it. We were broken up into two groups and I had the most amazing teacher, and the other was literally a witch. For our last day we performed for the other group, and we all sang songs. Our group did our own version of Oedipus, but in Quechua. I was the mother, and it was very scandalous. I also did a solo act of a conversation with Katie (she was sick) so my hand was a standin for her. Lots of fun. This afternoon we have a pisco tasting and FSS class from 3-5. Later in the night we are going out for dinner and to a hooka bar for Grace's 21st birthday. I think I am going to walk around Cusco all Saturday, because there are lots of parts that I still don't know. Sunday we are going to Cachabama (spelling?) for a day trip. It's far away, about 2 hours. I taught Charley how to knit so we are going to stitch and bitch on the bus. I am making an alpaca scarf, very pretty. Ok, this is for mom.. Mom, yesterday I got another piercing but it is just in my ear and very tame. Everything was super clean and everything was packaged and only used once. Look:

Image hosting by Photobucket

See it's pretty. Ok. What else... On Tuesday we are leaving for five days to go to Puno. Apparently it is very cold and my alpaca hat and wooly socks will come in handy. I am excited. We are going to stay with a Quechua family, which will be interesting. Most of our conversations will be very basic and hilarious in the textbook language way. I think that's it for now. Everyone who is going on spring break, have a FAAABULOUS time, and last minute trips to Peru are always welcomed!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to let you know that I check your blog compulsively and I get a little sad when there is no new tales of deepest, darkest, Peru for me to enjoy.

9:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that last comment was from Roomie McCoolface...

9:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home