Wednesday, March 01, 2006

ash wednesday

Hello all. Today is Ash Wedesday, and I am not going to a service in the huge cathedral in the Plaza de Armas. I thought it would be interesting to go, but I am too exhausted from the day. The classes went as usual, two hours of Quechua and two hours of a lecture on literature, all in a row. Today we had an oral exam in Quechua, Katie and I had to converse in front of the class, I think it went well. The lecture was really interesting too because it was about gringo writers. The guy who gave the lecture was a gringo himself who has been living in Peru for many years. It was interesting to us gringos. After class I came home from lunch, and after lunch we had an excursion to a school of Taller, I'm not too sure of the translation in English. It is mostly stone masonry and woodworking, very interesting. We worked hard for two hours, chipping away massive stones and carving wood. The work that all of the students do is really beautiful, and done in a traditional Cusquena style. I really liked it. After that, came home, and I am exhausted.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TAYLOR!!! I'M COMING TO PERU! FLYING TO LIMA MARCH 11TH AND MAKING MY WAY TO CUZCO BY THE 19TH OR SO. WE MUST MEET UP!

7:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home